Friday, November 4, 2011

Joshua Path - "The Magician"

I had never heard of Joshua Path before this week and, in a roundabout way, I have iTunes to thank for introducing me.  I was doing some work in my office at night this week and Pandora was streaming as per usual.  Some song caught my attention (although I can't tell you what song it was) and I went to iTunes to explore that other band.   Towards the bottom of the page iTunes suggested other artists which were similar and Joshua Path was listed.  Curious because I had never heard of him, I clicked on his new album.  There you have it, now you know how I found this California artist this week.

So there really is not a lot out on the web on this guy...but here is a little info:
"The Magician" comes from his brand new album, his sixth, called 'Between Heaven and Jonestown' which was only released about 7 weeks ago.  He is based near L.A. and the only upcoming show listed on his website is actually tonight at Genghis Cohen.

This song just kind of mesmerized me...There is just something about this rhythmic guitar riff, background vocals, and driving drumbeat that I could listen to all day. I have a feeling this one will appeal to many different types of people with many different tastes in music.
Have a great weekend and ENJOY THE MUSIC!


Listen to "The Magician"
From the album 'Between Heaven and Jonestown'

Click to view a Joshua Path live video of "Spider of Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment