Friday, November 25, 2011

Young Fresh Fellows - "My Friend Ringo"

We're going to take a different path than normal today with our song-of-the-weekend selection. Typically, I keep the choices fairly current but today I decided to offer up a blast from my past and share a song from about 25 years ago. Back in 1987, pop radio was playing hits like "Walk Like an Egyptian," "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," and "Livin' on a Prayer." My friends and I were only paying attention to the college radio scene.  I couldn't tell you the names of those top 40 hits but I could tell you just about every song by Seattle's Young Fresh Fellows and I owned everything they had published.

The Young Fresh Fellows were considered early pioneers of the fantastic Seattle music scene. The Trouser Press website describes their music as such:
Seattle's Young Fresh Fellows combine punk-derived recklessness and a bubbly garage-pop sensibility with an absurdist lyrical wit and a bittersweet vulnerable streak that has grown increasingly resonant as the band confronts the inconvenient realities of adult life. 

That's a fancy way of saying these guys are a lot of fun! The absudist lyrical wit really hits the mark as these guys were absolutely hysterical!

'My Friend Ringo" comes from the 4th of their 15 studio albums entitled 'The Men Who Loved Music.'

Turn it up and ENJOY the fabulous sounds of the Young Fresh Fellows!

Listen to "My Friend Ringo"
From the album 'The Men Who Loved Music'


Click here to watch a Young Fresh Fellows video for "Amy Grant."

No comments:

Post a Comment