Friday, October 28, 2011

Matt White Band - "All Signs Point to Yes" (live at KUT)

This week we're offering up YET ANOTHER Austin, TX band.  I first came across the music of the Matt White Band about 4-5 years ago and I'm not sure how.  They have an interesting combination of southern roots rock and soul that I find appealing.  So I'm scouring the internet trying to find out more about them for this post and really had a hard time finding much.  iTunes had one of their albums posted and that was a 2006 release called 'Burn Out Bright.'   Since there is no Wikipedia entry for them I did not even have access to a discography.

There is a short bio on Matt White on mattwhiteband..com which has a couple of tidbits which include the fact that Matt is born and raised in Texas, grew up listening to a wide variety of music, fronted a band called Bent through college and started Matt White Band shortly after settling in Austin.  Beyond that, I'm fairly clueless about these guys.

Why did I choose this particular song? I chose this song because my wife really likes it.
It was apparently recorded during a live in studio session at radio station KUT at the University of Texas. When, you ask? Who knows!

Turn it up and ENJOY!


Listen to "All Signs Point to Yes"
Recorded live at KUT

Click here to view a video of Matt White Band playing "Angel."

No comments:

Post a Comment