Friday, November 11, 2011

My Morning Jacket - "First Light"

What am I listening to this week? How nice of you to ask.  It's the new album released in May from My Morning Jacket, their 6th studio record called 'Circuital.'

My Morning Jacket is and American rock band from Louisville, KY which formed in 1999.  I like this band but for me, I'd say they were an acquired taste...took me a while to 'get it.'   Not an easy band to categorize with regard to their sound, Wikipedia lists their genres as: Americana, roots rock, country rock, jam band, southern rock, and indie rock.  That should just about cover it I would say.

For consistent fans of the band, 'Circuital' appears to be a return to form of sorts as indicated by this review of the new album by Max Blau on the Paste Magazine site:
While 'Circuital' is far from a perfect record, it boasts a collection of songs that indicates a return to form for these Louisville rockers following the road bump that came in the form of Evil Urges. Several tracks, including “Circuital” with its slow-building dynamic declaration and the ominous “Holdin’ On To Black Metal," almost instantaneously can be placed among the band’s best songs. “First Light” roars with a brass-backed intensity, while “Movin’ Away” closes the record echoing the serenity found circa At Dawn.

My pick today is "First Light." It's my personal favorite from 'Circuital.'
Yes...high volume is required.  Turn it up and ENJOY!

Listen to "First Light"
From the album 'Circuital'

Click here to view a video of My Morning Jacket on Letterman.
Click here to view My Morning Jacket tour dates.








No comments:

Post a Comment