Friday, June 17, 2011

Ford Turrell - "Ghost of Goodbye"

Because of little things like family, work and life in general, it's not every week that I come across new music, but I found a couple of 'keepers' this week including this song-of-the-weekend offering from Nashville's Ford Turrell.  While I always enjoy sharing some of my personal, long time favorite songs and artists, these new discoveries are really my favorite to post because for me they are fresh and I feel like we're finding them together.

Turrell is a pop/folk/singer-songwriter who is garnering some very nice local press:
"Ford Turrell's smoky vocals and wispy, drifting melodies convey a certain mystique, but ultimately this is an album that quietly takes hold and then proves mesmerizing in the process." - Performing Songwriter Magazine
"...heart-dragging, folk rock near perfection..." - Nashville Scene
"Soft spoken but confident, Ford Turrell's laid-back crooning propels his heartfelt lyrical jewels...turning heads and prompting enthusiastic praise from critics and rabid fan devotion." - BMI

"Ghost of Goodbye" falls into the pop category for me (yeah, I like a good pop song) and it comes from his 2007 self-titled debut album which is Turrell's only studio release. Highlight may be the unexpected (not any more) harmonica kicking in at 3:20.
ENJOY!


Ford Turrell - "Ghost of Goodbye"
From the album 'Ford Turrell'


Listen to "Ghost of Goodbye"

No comments:

Post a Comment