Friday, August 19, 2011

Brett Dennen - "I Ain't Gonna Lose You"

Today we're offering up the unique folk-pop sounds of 31-year-old northern Californian Brett Dennen.  "I Ain't Gonna Lose You" is an all-out,desperate declaration of dedication.  It's one of those memorizing songs I've listened to a thousand times in my car, driving by myself, very loud.  The song starts out with a Lou Reed "Walk on the Wild Side" sort of vibe but then drifts into it's own as Dennen's unique vocals kick in.

Dennen's first album was his self-titled release in 2004. This year he released his fourth full-length studio album called 'Loverboy.'   Today's song-of-the-weekend selection comes from the 2008 album 'Hope For The Hopeless' which peaked at number 41 on the Billboard 200.  

Aaric Danielsen, writing on the Pop Matters music blog, says: Dennen’s music serves a bridge between the hippy-lite jams that pass for folk rock today and old-school folkies of the ‘60s and ‘70s who brought the goods as far as songwriting and social consciousness. It might not be an overstatement to say that Dennen could prove an important figure, hopefully turning younger listeners onto the goodness that can accompany thoughtful words and simple melodies sincerely sung. 

Even though this is a quiet song, for this one I'm gonna insist...turn it up loud.
Plus...I highly recommend the video link below...really gives you a better sense of the emotion Dennen exudes.
ENJOY!

Listen to "I Ain't Gonna Lose You" 
From the album 'Hope For The Hopeless' 

Click here to view Brett Dennen tour dates. 
Click here to view Brett Dennen "I Ain't Gonna Lose You" live video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment