Friday, December 30, 2011

The Decemberists - "Don't Carry It All"

With this final post of 2011, I will be taking a sabbatical from the Friday song-of-the-weekend.
I've had fun over the past year and half but I'm going to shut it down for a while and then maybe just post with more of a 'whenever the mood hits me' type of schedule.


Today we've got "Don't Carry It All," the opening track from The Decemberists brand new album 'The King is Dead.'  This record is garnering a ton of critical praise and as well it should. Comparisons with R.E.M. are flying around the web. Perhaps that's because it does sound pretty R.E.M.y, or perhaps that's because Peter Buck from R.E.M. actually plays on the album.  Either way, there is nothing wrong with being mentioned in the same breath as the Athens, GA legends.
Meanwhile, this one reminds me a bit more of Tom Petty's "You Don't Know How it Feels" than anything from R.E.M.

Anyway...thanks for indulging me on my little blog and have a happy new year all!
ENJOY!

Listen to "Don't Carry It All"
From the album "The King is Dead"

Click here to watch a live video of The Decemberists' "Don't Carry It All"

No comments:

Post a Comment